Cacao, in its raw and other available forms, is known to provide the body with a long list of health benefits. This is because the plant is rich in nutrients and natural chemicals that help improve a person’s overall health. However, it is best to consume this plant in moderation and in its purest state to maximise its benefits.
If you are looking for high-quality cacao products that will allow you to achieve all the proven cacao health benefits, it is important to obtain these from reliable sources. Doing this technique will help you get the best out of the cacao products as well as ensure that these are safe for consumption.
What Are Cacao Beans?
Cacao beans are the seeds of the Theobroma cacao tree, also known as the cacao tree. These trees are native to South America and grow best in humid, tropical climates.
The cacao bean is small and flat, with a dark brown or black colour. It is surrounded by a white pulp used to make cacao powder and butter.
Cacao beans are regarded as one of nature’s healthiest miracles. These small brown beans have a wealth of healing benefits that have been enjoyed for centuries. In fact, your favourite chocolates are sourced from cacao beans. Presently, cacao beans are used in various products and enjoy a steady increase in consumer demand. This is because of the products’ excellent taste and the cacao health benefits they provide.
What Are the Healing Benefits of Cacao?
Cacao has been used for centuries in Central and South America for its healing properties. The bean is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, making it a superfood. Cacao is proven to provide various health benefits in the following ways:
- Improves cardiovascular health by reducing harmful cholesterol levels and improving blood flow.
- Prevents cancer by fighting free radicals and reducing inflammation.
- Improves cognitive function and memory by increasing blood flow to the brain and providing essential nutrients for healthy brain function.
- Boosts mood and energy levels by increasing serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain.
- Helps improve skin health by reducing inflammation and protecting against damage from free radicals.
What Is the Healthiest Form of Cacao?
Consuming cacao in the following forms is believed to provide increased nutrients and health-boosting substances.
When consuming cacao in its rawest form, you get the most cacao health benefits in antioxidants and flavonoids:
- Rich source of antioxidants. Antioxidants are important because they protect your cells from damage.
- Good source of magnesium. Magnesium is an important mineral that plays a role in many bodily functions. Raw cacao is also rich in iron, copper and manganese.
- Helps to lower blood pressure.
- Raw cacao is linked to a lower risk of heart disease. The flavonoids in cacao can help to reduce inflammation and improve cholesterol levels.
- Helps lose weight. Cacao fibre can help keep you feeling full, and the antioxidants may help boost your metabolism.
- A good source of vitamins and minerals..
Cacao powder is the second most effective source of cacao health benefits. Also, consuming this powder in moderation and as part of your healthy diet provides the following gains.
- Allows your body to absorb more antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage.
- Provides the body with ample amounts of flavonoids, which are linked to lower blood pressure and improved blood flow.
- Supplies the body with magnesium, which is essential for muscle and nerve function.
- Many individuals prefer the powder form as their source of the cacao health benefits. This is because one tablespoon of cacao powder provides 6% of the recommended daily magnesium intake.
- The minerals found in the powder are essential for energy production, metabolism and immune function.
- It can boost the taste of smoothies, oatmeal or baked goods without increasing their sugar and calorie content.
Cacao nibs are cacao beans that have been roasted and crushed. Like the other forms, these nibs are a good source of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. One ounce of cacao nibs contains 11 grams of fibre and 12 grams of protein.
Nibs are believed to provide numerous cacao health benefits:
- Contain magnesium, iron, copper, manganese, potassium, zinc and phosphorus.
- Improve cognitive function, lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Help with weight loss, as they are high in fibre and protein.
- Help to improve digestion and relieve constipation.
What Happens When You Eat Cacao Everyday?
Aside from the countless benefits of cacao, daily consumption can help you achieve the following:
1. Look Younger
Raw cacao is loaded with more antioxidants than pomegranate, red wine, goji berries and blueberries. Due to this, it can improve the overall heart function and circulation and lowers blood pressure. Also, raw cacao consumption is associated with longevity and anti-ageing.
2. Stress-Free Body
In its raw form, cacao is rich in magnesium, the chemical that quiets the nerves, calms pain sensitivity, fights acid buildup and neutralises toxins. As such, it keeps your entire body relaxed and stress free.
3. Energy Boost Minus the Caffeine
Cacao contains the cardiovascular stimulant theobromine that causes cardiovascular dilation and makes heart activity easier. Thus, you experience a natural high minus caffeine’s undesirable side effects.
4. Improve Mood
The improved mood is considered one of the significant pure cacao benefits. Regular cacao consumption does this by supplying the body with anandamide. The chemical is responsible for changing the body’s blood-sugar levels and blood pressure. Due to this, you tend to feel excited and alert.
Experience the Natural Goodness of Cacao Through Frido Cacao
Regular cacao consumption is an effective way to boost your health and enjoy the plants’ inviting taste. However, the consumption should be done in moderation and you need to ensure that the cacao products you consume are safe and pure. This makes buying from a reliable source, such as Frido Cacao, strongly encouraged.
This ensures that you get the best and the safest products guaranteed to provide you with all the cacao health benefits.